Tuesday 11 June 2013

My Angel are you~

                         A Fathers Day Poem I wrote for my dad, who is still on my mind constantly..

Missing your voice, and missing your smile
Thinking of you more than just once in awhile
My sad days get further and further apart
The ache gets more subtle deep down in my heart
Life has gone on, the grief process traveled
at moments my life seemed to be unraveled
Tears still come at times without warning
I smile through it though it’s a sign of mourning
It is hard to find the words to convey
The feelings inside me as I think of fathers day
A true friend at nature, A role model too
From the day I was born my love for you grew
Sacred is the bond between a daughter and her dad
The everlasting connection we will forever have
Your time was too short here, our story not through
I still feel you with me

My angel are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment