Wednesday 4 April 2018

#BeccaToldMeTo

Do you believe in the law of attraction? The force of nature, or the fact that you are meant to walk into situations, meet people and have conversations at the exact moment that it happens? As the story goes, everything happens for a reason.
As I continue on my journey of self acceptance, Confidence building, and most importantly Overcoming my own Mental Health, I am finding it's like there are new things laid out for me all along the way.  I am struggling to put them into perspective and decide what to do first.  I am finding that I am loving life a lot these days.  The past year has changed me and as I continue to improve health wise I have focused on sharing my passion with others.  

The common goal is helping people 😊  

As I've said before, there is always road bumps.  They used to set me back for days, or weeks, but now they are merely a blip on my radar. Do you know why they don't affect me?
Because I have learned how to focus that energy into something else rather than letting myself get beat down.  It's all about personal growth. 

Don't think for a second that my life is perfect, FAR FROM IT! I have all the same bad stuff in my life that everyone else has.  Trust me! But what I've learned is that its all apart of my story, this is all the stuff I'm set to learn from.  There is going to be failures, and I need to have them to grow.  
The curve balls that get thrown your way, are not actually meant to hit you, they are meant to distract you and throw you off course. 
The lesson comes from your reaction, and the growth is how you chose to overcome it.  Does that make sense? 

We can do amazing things, and some people do those amazing things when they are faced with adversity. 

Today I learned that someone very special to our family has been diagnosed with Cancer.  Faced with this new diagnosis he still braved speaking in front of my daughters after school club.  You see, a few weeks ago he had generously donated handmade wooden treasure boxes to my daughter and all her friends in this club, and today he was asked to come back so the children could show him how they had decorated their boxes with love and to say Thank you.  
While speaking to him he had some profound words for me that once again put me into a place of growth and positive mindset.  

He showed me a wooden bowl he had made and continued to tell me how he had shared with the children that this bowl resembled a symbol of strength.  "You see" he began, "this tree withstands terrible conditions, it faces bullying everyday in the form of high winds, and all the seasons of the year wreak havoc on it.  Yet, it remains strong and steady" He then held up the bowl he had carefully hand crafted and continued "I told the children that they need to be like this tree, Strong in the face of adversity, and brave enough to stand up to all conditions" "If they do this, than nothing will break them" 
I was so touched by his words, and the way he chose to show significance in this bowl, so with tears in my eyes I hugged him tightly.  With all he was facing and this new revelation in his life I was so thankful he had taken time to come and share this with my daughter.  

But what he said next is what really got me, He smiled sweetly and said, "I was unsure I was going to be able to take on the task of making all these boxes".  "It was going to be a lot of work for me, but then someone shared with me the story of a girl named Becca.  
The story of a young teenager in New Brunswick who was diagnosed with Terminal Brain Cancer, and after getting this diagnosis she decided to spread kindness as her dying wish.  The initiative #BeccaToldMeTo was created and good deeds have been spreading in her honour.

 My Great Uncle carried out this good deed because #BeccaToldMeTo, in honour of a complete stranger just because she said to.  
Imagine if we all had that amount of good in us to be so selfless in our lives...
The thing is we do, we just need to reach deep enough to find it and not be ashamed to show it.  

Personal growth can come in many different forms, it can be the act of loving yourself, or gaining self confidence, and it can also come from putting out to the world exactly what you want to receive back in return.  

For some the kindness meter exceeds its limits 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment